Select the components you want to include on your quote.
- Number of documents to Manage: based on number of required documents from the Doc Ref Assign grid.
- Number of pages: Each DRC has a page number, but the default value comes form the Project Document List. Actual replaces estimate when document is uploaded/attached.
- Manufacturer Charges: Can use DocBoss to include manufacturing charges of documents. See Project Document List. Must be sub-supplier issue docs.
- Tech Review: Number of DRC where doc code is marked with Tech Review.
- Clarifications and exceptions: Add any additional data about the document requirements.
Save – update pricing, apply clarifications,
Archive – save a previous version of the pricing information.
PDF – standard output
LaTeX – for integration with 3rd party estimate/quote systems
PO Data – to include with your purchase order – ensures all document fees are properly accounted.
Creating Custom Pricing
DocBoss allows system administrators to add new pricing segments to the estimates system. Once you create the segment, it will be available to use on all projects.
From Administration Menu
Here you can define both standard sell, and costs. We currently do not provide profit calculation on the process and estimates screen, but it is planned in a future release.
From Company Menu
Go to custom prices tab. By clicking “add” in the grid, you can define pricing for a specific company, which will override the system defaults.
- Tech Review: This field allows you to add a fee for each document (which uses this doc code) to your estimate.
- Approval Required: On the proposal VDR grid, a check in this column will put the word “yes” in the approval column for the Doc Code.
- Highlight Delivery: If you are using the proposal module – this column can be checked to highlight delivery discrepancies b/w customer request, and actual delivery expectation. Attention can be called to the discrepancy by the highlight on the output.
- Charges: If you or your sub-suppliers charge for documents, this feature allows you to group all of you document billing in one location. You can add model numbers, and create pricing. DocBoss automatically determines how many documents should be billed, based on the card and the manufacturer, and adds these prices to the process and estimates output. This option is only available for doc codes using the sub-supplier type.